Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 5 Forum

Topic 1: It's nice to see that we are already through the halfway point in the current term. I have enjoyed this class so far and love learning things I didn't know about Journalism.The best work I have done so far has probably got to be my second story, (event) at the Moda Center in Portland. This story was better than my first because I was able to take a lot away from my first story, and cut down more mistakes than I did in my first story. My biggest challenge I face as a reporter is that I am busy all the time, with music and sports it's hard to make time to go out and do my interviews when I need to. The most important thing I've learned from reading Edna Buchanon is that it takes a high level of commitment when writing up a news story or incident. One quote that still gets me is "Gary Robinson died hungry..." this was excellent because it grabbed my attention right away. The skills I need to improve on are simply the way I organize my stories, I feel that with more experience in this style of writing will only help me learn and get better.

Topic 2:
Full Name: Jaime Frazier
Claim to fame: Head Volleyball coach, teacher
Source: Samantha Rouleau
Source: Andrew Evans
Source: Elle Vershingel

Question: How long have you been coaching volleyball at LB?

Question: What do you enjoy about teaching incoming freshman at LB?

Question: What is the biggest thing you hope your players take away from each season?

I intend on observing Jaime at one of the volleyball practices or in one of her classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment