Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 1 Forum

Topic 1: About You

- I decided to take this class to see if it interested me, I love reading sports articles and I felt like maybe I could be good at righting about the news! I think just the overall experience will help me in deciding what I want to do with my future career. I am currently a communications major, my dream job is to be a sports commentator for ESPN or some other fashion of sports commentating. Outside of school I really enjoy playing basketball, dancing, singing, and playing my guitar. 

Topic 2: 

Things that I am looking to accomplish in this class are a new set of writing skills and listening skills. I also think this class will help me stay on top of things and keeping my priorities straight. I've never done anything like this before so it will be interesting to see if I really enjoy this style of writing. 

I will be looking to get into the Commuter as much as I can with my stories that is definitely something I want to achieve. Having 6 or more stories in the paper would be a good long-term goal for me. For a short-term goal I need to just get familiar with the writing style and approach that I will take when interviewing students/faculty. My last goal is to end with nothing but an A or higher in this class!

Topic 3:

My first story I am seeking to deliver is how the upcoming Linn-Benton Baseball season is shaping out. I want to uncover who the prospects are for the upcoming season. 

I want to interview some of the returning sophomores, they have the experience from last year under the newly found coach Ryan Gipson.
I also plan to interview the 2nd year coach Gipson and see what he has in store for the season ahead. For an outside source I might look into last year's statistics and provide stats from last year to backup returning sophomores. 

1. So Coach, what have you seen out of your players so far in the off-season?

2. What is the expectation this year, especially from the sophomores?

3. What challenges will your team look to overcome this year?

4. What do you think of the coaching staff? (players)

5. Who will be filling in big shoes from last year? (Gipson) 

No comments:

Post a Comment