Friday, March 11, 2016

Week 10 Forum

Topic 1: Self Reflection

I am most proud of my "Change as a Challenge for the Better" story featuring Kadijah White. Even though it didn't make the Commuter, the experience was fantastic covering a speech event. There was something about the different approach you have to take as a journalist that made it that much more intriguing.

Having the AP Style book handy really helped me enhance my knowledge on the right vocabulary and when to use it. I think the most important thing I learned from this class is that staying organized and making sure you get out and get your interviews done early so you aren't stressing. At the beginning of the term I was a little bit lazy, and pushed off my interviews until the day before the article would be due. I learned very quickly that changing this habit was a must if you are a journalist.

I didn't expect some of the things we did in this class like having a chance to get an article in The Commuter. Other than that everything that I learned in this class from AP style to Edna Buchanon felt reasonable. Moodle has been a great tool for this class, and I am glad it is so easily accessible.

I would definitely recommend Edna's book in your future News Reporting classes because it brings up great discussions and alongside that the book in general is an amazing story and I think future students will really enjoy that.

Topic 2: Class Wrap-Up

I thought we had a pretty good group of students overall in this class and I have made connections that I will carry with me moving forward through school. This class was important for me because we learned a new style of writing that I have never been exposed to which benefited my overall experience. Definitely keep reading Edna Buchanon's book! (I already passed it on down for my dad to read.) It's an excellent source for generating opinions and discussions.



No comments:

Post a Comment